In this section you can find the semi-automated method for Search Schema Configuration on an OnPremise SharePoint.
You can configure searching in the Tags column with a PowerShell script. You have to use this script on your SharePoint 2013 server.
This script can be used to restore default settings as well.
Prerequisites for Setting Up the Tags Column Search
- SharePoint admin account
- Installed SharePoint 2013 Management Shell
- File 'SetSearchSchema.ps1'
Steps to Setup the Searching in the Tags Column
- Place the file 'on-premise.ps1' on the server, preferably to 'C:\Install\PowerTaggingDeploy\ SetupSearchSchema\'
- Run the SharePoint 2013 Management Shell as admin.
- Enter and confirm 'cd C:\Install\PowerTaggingDeploy\ SetupSearchSchema\' at the command prompt.
- Enter and confirm 'SetSearchSchema.ps1'.
- Confirm with 'Y'.
- You will get a success message 'ManagedProperty Tags2 was mapped to CrawledProperty ows_Tags
If you don’t have privileges for this action, you need to open the Central Administration of SharePoint, then follow these steps:
- Click Manage service applications.
- Select Search Service Application from the list and click Administrators in the ribbon, at the top of the page.
- Then just write the name of your admin account, click Add, select Full Control and click OK.