This section lists the minimum hardware and software requirements for installing the PowerTagging module.
- At least 8Gb of RAM
- Recommended minimum of 50Gb disk space for partition
These are minimum requirements. The final configuration will depend on a number of other aspects, for example SQL DB instance installation and location, the size of SharePoint documents, etc.
Windows Server Infrastructure
Permissions to create domain service accounts and manage servers
Application server - VMWare or Hyper-V
64bit Windows Server 2012 or 2016
We strongly recommend to dedicate a single server.
- Edition: Express or higher
- Version: 2012 or newer
- Public IP (if you are using external PoolParty server)
- ability to configure external and internal DNS
- ability to configure firewall and proxy restrictions for specific server
- reserve port 443 for PoolParty to PowerTagging communication
- reserve static port 1433 for SQL DB
Because communication will be directed over the https protocol, you'll need to use a public certificate.
Wildcard certificate is supported.